Following the advice from the Secretary of State for the department of Health and Social Care, NHS England have been instructed us to bring the Covid 19 Vaccine Programme forward due to the possible rise of the new BA.86 Covid variant.
The Maidenhead Primary Care Network will be providing Covid Vaccinations from Saturday 16th September 2023 at The Desborough Suite, located behind the Town Hall.
They will begin inviting patients who are in cohort to book their appointments shortly via text message. There is no need to call your surgery to book your Covid vaccination unless you need to update them with your current mobile number.
Eligible patients for the Covid-19 Autumn Booster vaccination are as follows
- All adults aged 65 years and over
- Persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group
- Persons aged 12 to 64 years who are housebound contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers
- Frontline health and social care workers, including staff working in care home for older adults
It has been recommended that we co-administer the Covid Booster with the seasonal flu vaccine and patients of Redwood House Surgery will be offered both vaccines, subject to availability. There will be no need to book separate appointments.
Further information can be found at: Covid autumn booster vaccine 2023: Everything you need to know - Department of Health and Social Care Media Centre (blog.gov.uk)